Moose

"When there comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."
 - Winnie the Pooh


It's never fun watching a loved one suffer from an illness, even if that loved one is a family pet. I remember the day my husband had to say goodbye to his childhood dog Rocky and it was heart wrenching. Our pets become a member of the family. They are loved and hold a special place in the home. Knowing that there will be an empty place that they once filled can be a complicated mess of emotions. So when I was asked if I could capture some photos of this family and their dog Moose, who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, I was more than willing to help out. Moose is a great family dog who has lead a great life. Although he will be terribly missed when he passes, he will leave behind a wonderful legacy that will be remembered forever. 

















Contra Loma | California East Bay

3 comments:

Jenn V said...

How wonderful to have these precious moments captured forever. You can feel the love there. Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics, although I feel sad.

Jenni said...

So sweet. Great photos.

Jack.E Photography (JEP). All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.